Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Day Adventure

     Once again I have eaten too much food on Thanksgiving.  This is nothing new, it happens every year, but this year it happened for a worthy cause.  Let me give you a little background.  Thanksgiving dinner was over at my mother's house in High Amana.  For a house mouse that trip is quite a long one, and since I do not have a sports car...yet, I have to walk, or catch the bus.  That morning as I was getting ready putting on my beautiful Thanksgiving apparel, and making sure I have everything that I need, the time was 9:36.  I had exactly fifty four minutes before the bus left for High.  Mother wanted me there at 11:00, so I had plenty of time to get there.  The bus leaves at 10:30 I need to arrive at 11:00.  "Perfect"I thought.  I will have plenty of time to make it there early.  On concluding my preparation for the visit, I made my way outside to wait for the bus.  I arrived three minutes early at the bus stop.  After waiting two and a half minutes I was getting a little uneasy.  Two and a half minutes later I knew something was wrong.  Apparently Thanksgiving is a holiday, and the bus driver does not work on holidays.......  Well to cut the rest of this story short I ended up running as fast as my little legs could carry me all the way over to my mother's house.  Due to the excessive exercise I was put through, I ended up eating way more food than usual for Thanksgiving dinner.  I had to replenish all of the energy that I lost from running all that way.  So that is my Thanksgiving adventure, and I also realized something I was very thankful for.......the bus!


Amana House Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment